Paramus/Wayne/Ridgewood/Saddle Brook, N.J. – The Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter will be “hitting the streets” of Bergen and Passaic counties to educate local residents about Alzheimer’s as well as the resources that are available to those with – and those caring for someone with – Alzheimer’s or dementia. Chapter representatives also will be hosting a registration drive for its Bergen-Passaic Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, to be held Sunday, October 15th at Overpeck Park, 199 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ.
Look for the Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey’s outreach team at the following community gatherings:
- Thursday, August 31: Willowbrook Mall, located at the highway intersection of Routes 23 & 46 as well as I-80 in Wayne, N.J., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, September 16: Ridgefield Park Street & Craft Fair from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the intersection of Main and Mt. Vernon Streets, in Ridgefield Park, N.J. More than 200 artists, crafters and vendors will be in attendance. Admission and parking are free.
- Thursday, September 28: Willowbrook Mall, located at the highway intersection of Routes 23 & 46 as well as I-80 in Wayne, N.J., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 1:
- Ridgewood Goodlife Fair at Van Neste Square Memorial Park, South Walnut Street, in Ridgewood, N.J., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saddle Brook Street Fair, 215 Market St., Saddle Brook, N.J., from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fourth annual block-party-style event will feature merchandise, craft vendors, kiddie rides, pony rides, local merchants, civic groups and entertainment.
To register online for the Bergen-Passaic Walk to End Alzheimer’s or for more information, visit www.alz.org/njwalk.
About Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter
Formed in 1980, the Greater New Jersey Chapter is the local arm of the national nonprofit organization with a regional office at 999 Riverview Drive in Totowa (Passaic County). The chapter serves constituents in Central and Northern New Jersey who are affected by Alzheimer’s or a related disorder. The Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter is not affiliated with any New Jersey-based Alzheimer’s-related nonprofit or for-profit entity that does not bear the official, registered trademarked Alzheimer’s Association name. For information about the chapter and the disease, visit alz.org/nj, or call the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900.