Water Mill, N.Y., – Nestled along Long Island’s East End, the Hamptons’ Mecox Bay Estate is redefining the architectural sightline along Hayground Cove. Located in the heart of Water Mill, N.Y., one of the most prestigious zip codes in America, this private single-family residence is a new-construction waterfront estate that is the embodiment of coastal chic. As such, it has earned a feature in the August issue of Hamptons Magazine.
From its impeccable inner recesses to a stunning exterior featuring a symphony of colorful plantings, this Hamptons home’s cloistered bayfront locale is the stunning backdrop for refined outdoor enjoyment and entertaining.
Acquired in 2009 and completely developed, the private individual owner serves at the helm of a family-owned and operated real estate investment and management company. Since its founding in the early 1990s, the company has emerged as one of the Northeast’s leading owner/operators of an award-winning property portfolio spanning the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan Area, extending as far north as the New York State Capital Region. Mecox Bay Estate’s property owner has been a resident of the Hamptons for more than 10 years.
Today, a 14,000 SF traditional shingle-style Gambrel Cottage stands in the residential footprint of what was once a 3,000 SF eclectic-style summer house. The Estate features the highest quality construction, sophisticated touches and waterfront views that evoke the pull of beachfront living of yesteryear. Among the distinctive estate-home features are:
- Arresting varied-vernacular façade with roof lines breaking out into windows, gable dormers and rear-facing balconies with mahogany decking overlooking Hayground Cove and Mecox Bay
- 10 open-concept bedrooms, 10 full baths, 3 powder rooms and multiple nook-style sitting areas offering soothing picturesque views from virtually every room
- Dining room with seating for 14; elegant living room and gourmet kitchen with breakfast area, both featuring coffered ceilings; great-room-style open-concept family room; abundant natural light and high transom windows; opulent designer finishes; floor-to-ceiling brick/stone fireplaces; luxe hardwood and limestone flooring and 11-to-12-foot ceiling heights
- Indoor activity and wellness spaces range from a retro-style arcade, high-tech media room/movie theater and dedicated recreation room with a 1,000+-bottle custom wine cellar, to a fully equipped professional-grade fitness center with a separate attached steam room and sauna
- Waterfront entertainment and relaxation spaces include a covered porch with India stone extending along the full length of the rear façade; backyard pergola; custom firepit, sleek BBQ kitchen and wet bar; screened-in porch with an outdoor fireplace overlooking the cove; a freeform swimming pool, pool house and sundeck; 50-foot pier and deep-water dock
- Highly unique, specially designed six-car garage to house select vintage-era vehicles from the owner’s museum-quality collection