New Jersey/New York City/ Philadelphia/Washington DC – Withum, the nationally ranked advisory, tax and audit services firm known for its social-responsibility initiatives, recently dispatched an employee corps from each of its Northeast offices to volunteer at local charitable organizations in the days leading into the holiday season. The annual event, known as Withum Week of Caring, is a company-wide volunteer initiative that benefits 50+ charitable organizations serving the neighborhoods and cities in which the firm’s regional offices are located.
“Withum’s Week of Caring is the most visible and coordinated outreach initiative that is the pinnacle of our Withum’s on-going efforts to dispatch our team members’ gifts of talent and time into the community,” said Bill Hagaman, Withum’s CEO and managing partner. “Now in its eighth year, this year’s Withum Week of Caring marked some of our highest rates of employee participation and an expansion of the scope of organizations with whom we partnered. As always, we are extremely proud of our Withum team and here to help those not-for-profit organizations requiring an ‘all hands on deck’ level of support.”
During Withum Week of Caring, hundreds of team members from 12 offices spanning seven states provided over 2,500 volunteer hours. Local-office efforts focus on supporting each group’s respective mission. This year’s service hours were provided at an array of sites that included – but were not limited to – the following (View/Download Event Photos Here):
- New Jersey
- Princeton Office: HomeFront NJ in Lawrence Township, N.J., which is dedicated to ending homelessness in New Jersey by harnessing community resources. The organization lessens the immediate impact of homelessness and helps families become self-sufficient by connecting clients with skills training and opportunities.
- Red Bank Office: Holiday Express of Eatontown, N.J., whose mission is to use the healing power of music and friendship to improve the quality of life of those with financial problems, health issues and loneliness. Each year the organization visits 100 charitable organizations serving 27,000+ people in the NY/NJ Metro area.
- Whippany Office: NJ in Morristown, N.J., through its Community Soup Kitchen and Outreach Center, provides nutritious meals and fresh produce as well as assistance to clients seeking jobs, secure housing and reconnections with loved ones.
- East Brunswick Office: Rescue Mission of Trenton, which has been serving men and women in need since 1915 with shelter, food and clothing while offering a safe, warm refuge for the homeless, hungry, transient and addicted.
- New York, N.Y.: Good+Foundation in New York City, a leading national non-profit working to dismantle multi-generational poverty among low-income fathers, mothers and caregivers to create an upward trajectory for the whole family.
- Philadelphia, Pa.: Morris Animal Refuge in Center City, founded as the nation’s first animal shelter in 1858, whose mission is to provide abandoned animals with high-quality care, shelter and adoption services. As a lifesaving shelter, no animal is ever turned away.
- Washington DC: A Wider Circle in Silver Spring, MD, whose holistic approach to ending poverty encompasses on-the-ground programs and services designed to create stable homes, provide workforce development programming to yield economic self-sufficiency, revitalize neighborhoods and create greater awareness and community engagement.
Established in 1974, Withum is a national top-ranking public accounting firm providing advisory, tax and assurance/accounting services to businesses and individuals on a local-to-global scale. Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, additional offices are located in major financial centers including New York City, NY; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC.; and Orlando, FL. Withum is an independent member of HLB, the global advisory and accounting network. Visit www.withum.com for more information.